Only 4 Days Left to Help America’s Wolves
It’s Time to Howl!
Beyond its role as a living symbol of our natural landscape, the wolf is a keystone species. Its presence is critical to maintaining the structure and integrity of native ecosystems. Federal protections for wolves are essential to help this animal recover and expand into still-suitable parts of its former range.
On June 7, 2013, the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS) officially announced proposals that will impact the future of America’s gray wolves.
1) Nationwide Gray Wolf Delisting Proposal: USFWS’s proposes to remove Endangered Species Act (ESA) protections for the gray wolf (Canis lupus) in the contiguous United States.
2) Proposed Rules for Mexican Wolf Reintroduction & Recovery: USFWS plans to re-designate wild Mexican gray wolves as “experimental, non-essential,” allowing recreation and industry to trump their recovery.
Wolves nationwide urgently need our help! Please take a moment to voice your support for wolf recovery and encourage others to do so as well. Time is running out – USFWS is accepting comments until Monday, October 28th.
Nationwide Delisting Proposal
- Voice your opposition to the Nationwide Delisting proposal – Comment here.
- Effective talking points re: delisting plan here.
Proposed Rule Changes that Govern Mexican Wolf Reintroduction
- Tell USFWS that Mexican wolves are essential – Comment here.
- Effective talking points re: Mexican wolves here.