Summer Wolf Camp for Kids (Grades 2-3)
Summer Wolf Camp for Kids
Recommended for children entering Grades 2-3
Time: 9AM - 12PM
Fee: $250 per child for the 4-day program (Tuesdays - Fridays) dates below
Give the young animal lover in your family a chance to thrive among wolves all week long! The four day program will include opportunities for your child to:
- Learn all about wolves: Wolf 101
- Discover the various myths that surround wolves
- Walk with a wolf! Take a hike with Ambassador wolf Atka at the lead.
- Play a unique game of hide and seek using tracking and telemetry tools that real wolf biologists use in the field!
- Create plaster paw prints from real tracks in the field. They’re great for show and tell!
- Photograph the wolves from vantage points not generally available to the public
Program will run with a minimum of 4 children and a maximum of 12. All children who complete the program will get a special “Junior Wolf Biologist” certificate. Pre-registration is required.
When spending time outdoors, it’s necessary to take precautions in order to prevent serious infections, especially Lyme disease. Lyme disease is an infection caused by bacteria and is spread by the bite of a deer tick. Not all deer ticks are infected, so not all tick bites will cause the disease. Despite this, the key thing to be aware of is prevention. Download and print prevention flyers offering great tips!