Information for visitors
The Wolf Conservation Center offers a wide range of programs. Simply click on the event of your choice on the Program Calendar for additional information and to register. Please read the following to learn more about our various programs we offer.
NOTE: Because we are a private facility we do not publicize our address. Once you sign-up for one of our programs through our online Program Calendar you will receive a confirmation email with the address and directions. Dress as you would for any field trip: sturdy shoes, suntan lotion, mosquito repellent, clothing for whatever the season demands. Visitors are required to be fully clothed at all times: shirt, pants/shorts, shoes, etc.
We offer different programs onsite to cater to specific age levels. Program lengths vary but generally run approximately 1.5 hours. Watch a short video to get a preview of what to expect when you visit the center:
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL ONSITE VISITS.
- Wolves of North America: Adults - $14 / Children (under 12) - $11 - visit our program calendar for program information/registration
- Pack Chat for Kids: (age-appropriate 4-8) Adults - $14 / Children (under 12) - $11 - visit our program calendar for program information/registration
- Winter Wolves: refreshments served (seasonal) Adults - $15 / Children (under 12) - $12 January & February only
- Photo Sessions:($100) - Ages 13+ - visit our program calendar for program information/registration
- Special Lectures: View our Special Events Page
- Saving a Species – Spotlight on Recovery of Endangered Wolves: Adults-$14 / Children (under 12) - $11 - visit our program calendar for program information/registration
- Wolf Tails – Mythology of a Predator: Adults-$14/ Children (under 12) - $11 - visit our program calendar for program information/registration
- Summer Wolf Camp for Kids (Grades 2-3) July & August $250/per child for the 4-day program
- Summer Wolf Camp for Kids (Grades 4-6) July & August $250/per child for the 4-day program
- Become a Wolf Conservation Center Keeper for a Day!
* Photo Sessions run 2 hours and lecture lengths vary.
- Evening Howls: refreshments served (seasonal) - Adults - $16.00 / Children (under 12) - $13.00 - visit our program calendar for program information/registration
- Evening Howls (Adults Only!): Wine & Cheese served (seasonal) - Adults (21+) - $20.00 - visit our program calendar for program information/registration
- Wolf Awareness Programming (October) - Price Varies
To schedule a GROUP to visit the WCC for 15-40 people (i.e. scout group, school group, etc.) for a date not currently on the calendar, please click here.
To learn how to schedule a BIRTHDAY PARTY at the WCC, please click here
Gift Certificates are now available! Enjoy giving your loved one a howling good time,a gift certificate to the Wolf Conservation Center in South Salem, NY! Gift certificates may be redeemed towards admission to any of the WCC’s education programs, or for any items in the WCC gift shop. For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When spending time outdoors, it’s necessary to take precautions in order to prevent serious infections, especially Lyme disease. Lyme disease is an infection caused by bacteria and is spread by the bite of a deer tick. Not all deer ticks are infected, so not all tick bites will cause the disease. Despite this, the key thing to be aware of is prevention. Download and print prevention flyers offering great tips!
In most settings, the presence of a service animal will not result in a fundamental alteration. However, there are some exceptions. At the Wolf Conservation Center, service animals are restricted from the wolf exhibit areas. Wolves are the natural competitors of dogs, and the presence of a dog would be disruptive, causing the exhibit wolves to become agitated and possibly behave aggressively toward one another.
The Wolf Conservation Center does permit trained service animals to accompany their owners during the indoor educational portion of programs in the WCC classroom cabin.
(Pets and service dogs in training are not permitted on WCC grounds.)