Please note: We are prioritizing the safety and comfort of our visitors and as such, the WCC has made the difficult decision to cancel all Sleeping with Wolves events for the 2020 season. All registrants have been notified and will receive full refunds. Please email [email protected] with questions.
WCC'S WILD NOCTURNAL ADVENTURE
Sleeping with Wolves, the Wolf Conservation Center's (WCC) popular nocturnal adventure experience, gives guests a chance to camp out overnight with the 40+ wolves that call the WCC home! With all the howls, circling vultures, and nature's nighttime chatter, you'll feel like you're camping under the stars with wild wolves. We might not be Yellowstone, but we're pretty close! Pre-registration is required. Space is limited and dates sell out quickly!
Fee: $299 per 4-person tent (The WCC offers the tent, you can fill it with 2, 3, or 4 people!)
Singles: $150 per person (those registered as a single required to bring their own tent) Please call 914-763-2373 or email [email protected] to register as a single
Time: 6pm-8:30am the following day (Please note: Friday events begin at 6 pm, Saturday and Sunday events begin at 5 pm)
** Scout rates available for Private Scout Nights. Please email [email protected] for more info or call 914-763-2373 **
** All minors (under 18 years old) must be accompanied by an adult at all times **
Please note: the Wolf Conservation Center is located in South Salem, NY 10590. When you sign-up for one of our Sleeping with Wolves events you will receive a confirmation email with the address and directions.
Cancellation Policy: We ask that registrants notify us of a need to cancel or reschedule at least one week prior to their scheduled overnight. We cannot issue a refund or reschedule a group unless we receive advanced (at least seven days') notice. There is no physical contact with wolves during any of our programs.
ADMISSION PRICE INCLUDES:
- Pizza Party with Ambassador wolves Alawa, Nikai and Zephyr
- Opportunity to potentially behold critically endangered red wolves and Mexican gray wolves
- Evening entertainment: Movie under the stars at Zephyr, Nikai, and Alawa's enclosure
- Evening fireside snacks and light breakfast
- Tents for all participants (8 ft by 10 ft in dimension)
GUESTS SHOULD BRING:
- Sleeping bag, sleeping mat, pillow,
- Flashlight, bug spray
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, washcloth
- Additional snacks if desired
GUIDELINES AND RULES
The Wolf Conservation Center (WCC) is a smoke-free facility (this includes no juuls, e-cigarettes, vaping, drugs, or tobacco products of any kind).
- Sleeping with Wolves registrants under age 18 must be accompanied by a chaperone.
- Touching or feeding the wolves is prohibited.
- Deposit trash in designated receptacles.
- Shirts and shoes are required at all times.
- We reserve the right to escort from WCC grounds any individuals or groups who are acting in ways deemed harmful to our animals, or that impinge upon the enjoyment of the park by other guests.
- Weapons of any kind are not allowed at the WCC.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
When camping outdoors it’s necessary to take precautions in order to prevent serious infections, especially Lyme disease. Lyme disease is an infection caused by bacteria and is spread by the bite of a deer tick. Not all deer ticks are infected, so not all tick bites will cause the disease. Despite this, the key thing to be aware of is prevention. Download and print prevention flyers offering great tips!