Take a walk on the wild side and join us at the Wolf Conservation Center (WCC) as we explore the natural world and give the young animal lover in your family a chance to thrive among wolves and other woodland critters! The WCC’s educational and interactive afterschool program encourages your child to embrace Nature’s wild treasures and helps foster an understanding of the importance of healthy and balanced ecosystems.
The program includes opportunities for your child to:
- Learn all about wolves: Wolf 101.
- Discover the various animals living in Northeast forests – coyotes, foxes, bobcats, and more!
- Create crafts using natural materials.
- Play a unique game of hide and seek using tracking and telemetry tools that real wolf biologists use in the field!
- Create plaster paw prints from real tracks in the field. They’re great for show and tell!
- Learn how to set wildlife cameras and capture photos of elusive animals.
- Cook delicious snacks over a campfire.
- And more!
This program runs from 4 PM - 5 PM on the following Thursdays:
March 5, 12, 19, 26; April 2, 23, 30; May 7, 14, 21, 28
Potential Snow Dates: June 4, 11, 18
Fee: $165/child for the 11-week course